Our goal is for persons with disabilities to have access to physical environments, transportation and communication systems.
We aim to provide accessible built environments and road and transport systems, and accessible information, communication and assistive technologies.
- Gap identification assessment in laws, regulations, policies, standards, codes and professional practices pertinent to Universal Accessibility
- Study on international best practices/benchmarking pertinent to Universal Accessibility
- Development of updated and Dubai specific laws, regulations, policies, standards, codes and professional practices guidelines
- Development of five-year Dubai Universal Accessibility Strategy and Action Plan (DUASAP)
- Technical, theoretical and practical training on Universal Accessibility of a selected group of concerned professionals from both the public and private sectors
- Design and implementation of six actual demonstration pilot projects to showcase Universal Accessibility in the three domains of accessible building and facilities, accessible mobility, and accessible information and communication