We are committed to ensuring that mycommunitydubai.com is accessible to all visitors.
We used different assistive technologies and online tools to ensure the best experience possible for all visitors. As part of the ongoing website maintenance, we regularly test all accessibility options using online platforms and tools.
The following accessibility features are available on mycommunitydubai.com:
- Font size: Provides several font sizes for the user to read the website content.
- Alternative text: Provides a textual alternative to non-text content in web pages, and is especially helpful for people who are blind and rely on a screen reader.
- Document structure: Headings, lists, and other structural elements provide meaning and structure to web pages, and facilitate keyboard navigation within the page.
- Accessible forms: Forms (text field, checkbox, dropdown list, etc.) to be organized in a logical manner, clearly identified to users. Each form has a text label that generally describes the function of the form control. The element is used to associate a text label to a form control, allowing screen readers to read the associated label text when the user navigates to the form control.
- Clear links: All links to make sense if the link text is read by itself. Screen reader users may choose to read only the links on a web page. Certain phrases like "click here" and "more" to be avoided.
- Caption and/or transcripts for media: Videos and live audio to have captions and a transcript. With archived audio, a transcription may be sufficient.
- Skip repetitive elements on page: Allows users to skip navigation or other elements that repeat on every page. This is usually done by providing a "Skip to Main Content," or "Skip Navigation" link at the top of the page, which jumps to the main content of the page.
- Clear and easy-to-read content: Content is easier to understand when written clearly, in clear fonts, and using headings and lists appropriately.
Major operating systems, mobile devices and browsers have accessibility setting as per the below:
Apple Mac OS X
- For people with vision impairments
- For people with hearing impairments
- For people with physical disabilities or motor skills impairments
- For people with learning disabilities